Have It Your Way!
Can't find the right siddur for your chavurah or congregation? Let us make you just what you need with a custom siddur.
Tired of waiting for "imotenu" to show up? You can choose to include them. Tired of waiting for non-sexist language in the translations? Now it's your choice. Tired of wading through Bircot Hashachar and Pesukei Dezimrah that nobody ever reads? Trim them to meet your needs.
Or add as much as you want . . . Now it's all your choice!
And with our exclusive format -- Hebrew, transliteration, clear English and Singlish translations, and explanations -- everyone will feel welcome in your service and will be able to join in.
Tell us what you're interested in, what you like/don't like about current books, and let us help you figure out what it would take to produce the book that will really help you and your congregants daven with kavanah.
Questions about a custom siddur
What are the steps involved in creating a custom siddur?
There are two ways. You can start with our Shabbat Morning Siddur or Lechu Neranena and tell us what changes you would like, or you can send us a book and tell us what needs to change. From this we develop a table of contents and/or a draft of the book for your review.
What is the average turnaround time?
Each project is different, but there are four factors to consider:
- The amount of work it will take to prepare the draft -- the amount of customization from the stock items we already have.
- The complexity of ritual decisions on your end. For example, sometimes a congregation agrees there should be a siddur and appoints a commitee to work with the clergy. In such cases, a question may arise in developing the book that could result in delays.
- Our schedule -- in case your request comes in at a particularly busy time.
- The number of books and type of binding you want. A paperback with a color cover takes about a month to print, once the draft is finalized. Printing for a hardback or a paper cover with a sewn binding takes about four months.
What is the cost per unit and is there a set-up fee?
The cost per unit can vary depending on the work involved. However, as a guideline, typical costs range from about $15 to $30 per copy in quantities of 200 or more. If your needs are served by our Shabbat Morning Siddur with a customized cover, the cost for 200 copies is $11.37 per copy (40 percent off list price) plus $250 for the custom cover.
What custom input can we give (i.e. artwork, commentary, readings, etc.)?There are few practical limits. We can send you samples of our work, including custom material. Please note:
- Sometimes people ask us to include copyrighted material, and it takes time to secure permission from the copyright holder.
- Inside pages can include black-and-white artwork of your choice, and the cover can be a full-color design of your own choice (or I can get my artist to prepare a cover for you). If you want color on the inside, just be aware that the cost goes up.