Include everyone at your simcha with a Simcha Songster (or Simcha Songster or bircon or Grace-After-Meals booklet)!
Having a simcha? Make it more fun for everyone, more personal, and more memorable long after you've given up watching the video -- with a Simcha Songster, or Simcha Songster.
Imagine Bircat Hamazon (Grace After Meals), family photos, the spirit of the occasion in your own words, and more -- anything you choose can be in your book.
Your guests will love it, because even those for whom the ceremony is unfamiliar will be able to follow along and join in with our exclusive format -- Hebrew, transliteration, and translation into modern English and Singlish. Singlish is singable English that lets everyone join in.
Your simcha songster is a valued keepsake of your occasion, whether it's a wedding, a bar or bat mitzvah, a 50th wedding anniversary, or a testimonial dinner.
Here are some ideas that creative people like you have put into their books:
- Pictures of the bar or bat mitzvah growing up
- Pictures of the wedding couple from babies to bride and groom
- Parents' explanation of their children's names
- Memories of the people for whom the celebrants were named
- A poem from older sister or from the grandparents
- Text of the recognition (candle-lighting) ceremony
- List of donors for a testimonial dinner
- Acrostic poem on the celebrant's name
- Hebrew acrostic of songs (e.g., for Shmuel a Shin-song, then a Mem-song, and so on)
- Add your ideas here!
All this is surprisingly affordable with new technology that keeps your cost down.
How do I get started?
- Contact us to be sure we can accommodate your schedule.
- Choose your pictures. Send us the best quality you can, but we'll work with snapshots or formal portraits--whatever you can provide. These will be converted to black and white images and used inside the book.
- Send us the wedding logo or other memorable images for the full-color cover.
- Decide whether you want the complete Grace After Meals for Shabbat, festivals and other occasions, or just the prayers for this occasion.
- Decide what other material you would like to include--kiddush, songs, or more.
- If you want to include poems or readings from other sources, remember you'll need reprint permission from the copyright holder. This can take time.
- If you haven't already been in contact with us, now's the time! We can help you make the decisions you need to make.
- Once you decide to go ahead, remember the cost will be approximately $10 each for the first 200 books, $6 each for additional copies.
- We'll send you an estimate and request an initial deposit of 25 percent.
- We develop a draft for you to review. On your approval, a further 25 percent is due.
- Once you receive the books to your satisfaction, the remaining 50 percent is due.
What's the cost?
Pricing is $10 per booklet for the first 200, $6 for each additional booklet, with a minimum of 200 books. This includes
- Grace After Meals and other home rituals of your choice
- a glossy color cover
- up to two pages of pictures
- up to six pages of customized material
- all graphics and editing services
- all project management services
- delivery to a U.S. destination
How long does it take?
Please contact us at least eight weeks before your simcha!
What will the book be like?
Your books will be approx 7 inches wide, 8.5 inches high, with a glossy color cover and about 100 pages of text. We'll be happy to send you a sample, but please remember that your book will be different because you make the choices and because we're always improving our product.
You can use your Simcha Songster to give thanks as often as you say Grace After Meals, and send it as a valued keepsake to those who could not attend the celebration.